Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fabregas feels with Arsenal team-mate van Persie

ohannesburg - Midfielder Cesc Fabregas said his first thought after winning the World Cup with Spain on Sunday night was for his Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie, who was on the losing Dutch side.

Andres Iniesta's goal four minutes from the end of extra time not only gave Spain a 1-0 victory, they also became only the second country after Germany in 1972 and 1974 to win the World Cup as reigning Euro champions.

Fabregas, who came on late in the second half, said that when the final whistle went, he saw his team-mate Xavi and then thought about going to his family.

'But my first thing was to go to Robin. I had to go to Robin, that was the first thing that I did, instead of celebrating, I went to Robin.

'I think he deserved it as well, you know, it is really hard for him. He was injured for a long time, he had his moment there. Of course, if it was not us he was playing against, I would have been on his side and I was really sad for him because he deserved it as well.'


For more information, see http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1570094.php/Fabregas-feels-with-Arsenal-team-mate-van-Persie

No comments:

Post a Comment